Autumn Squash Noodle Bake
Side Dish, American, Classic Comfort, Vegetarian, Calorie Conscious, Gluten Conscious, Sodium Conscious
Simply delicious, this easy-to-make vegetarian bake turns our fan-favorite Autumn Squash Soup into a dish bursting with flavor that you will want to make year-round.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté onions for 5 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Add butternut squash noodles and sauté on high heat for 5 minutes or until the squash begins to brown around the edges.
- In a medium bowl, combine soup, cream, cheese, egg and thyme, blending well.
- Evenly spread the squash mixture in the bottom of an 8x8" baking dish. Pour the soup mixture over the squash, making sure it is evenly distributed.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the squash is tender and the top is golden brown.
Or, Try This
- You can find butternut squash noodles with the pre-cut vegetables in the produce area of most grocery stores. Consider cutting them in half for easier serving and eating.
- You can make this dish a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator overnight before baking it. Then add an additional 10 – 15 minutes of bake time the next day.