Southwest BLT Sandwich
Sandwiches, American, Mexican and Southwestern
While this may be a bit more elaborate than your classic BLT sandwich, we promise it’s well worth the time as our Sourdough Bread and smoky-spicy Chipotle Ranch dressing take the southwest flavors to the next level.
- In a medium sauté pan, cook the bacon to your desired doneness on medium-high heat.
- Heat oven to a high broil. Place the poblano pepper in a small roasting pan broil until the skin begins to blister. Remove from oven. Once cooled, remove skin and seeds with a spoon.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine avocado, lime juice, cilantro, and black pepper. Mash to desired consistency.
- Place the toasted Sourdough slices on a large plate, dress each side with Chipotle Ranch dressing, and spread with the mashed avocado.
- On one half, stack the tomatoes, red onion, iceberg lettuce, pepper jack cheese, poblano pepper, and bacon. Top with the other piece of toast and serve.
Or, Try This
- Skinning the poblano pepper can be challenging. Transfer the poblano pepper into a covered mixing bowl for 5 minutes to help loosen the skin.