But first, bread.
If you’re lucky enough to live in the Northeast, check your local grocery store for Panera at Home Sliced Breads. For the rest of us, head over to your nearest Panera bakery-cafe for a loaf of your favorite freshly baked bread, sliced at your request.
Feed a crowd in no time.
Need to make grilled cheese for the whole gang? We’ve got this.1. Start with a standard size sheet pan and butter up one side of your bread slices.
2. Place a single layer of bread buttered-side down on sheet pan and top with cheese.
3. Finish things off with another slice of bread, buttered-side up this time, then top with another sheet pan placed upside down and press down on top of sheet pan.
4. Bake in a 450° oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
5. Cut into pieces and serve.
Present the perfect appetizer.
This one’s easy. Start by making grilled cheese as you normally would, with buttered bread and cheese in a nonstick skillet. Once the cheese is melted and bread is golden brown on both sides, remove it from the pan, trim off the crust and cut into 1-inch squares. Voilà, grilled cheese croutons. Skewer each one on a toothpick and serve alongside Panera Creamy Tomato Soup.
Dip, dip, dip.
You’ll need a rolling pin for this one, but the result? The most dippable grilled cheese yet.1. Trim off the crust from each slice of your favorite bread.
2. Using a rolling pin, roll it out thin.
3. Top each slice with cheese and roll tightly.
4. Melt a dollop of butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
5. Cook roll ups seam side down, turning frequently until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown (about 3-5 minutes total cook time).
6. Dip in your favorite Panera Soup or Panera Creamy Buttermilk Ranch Dressing.
Make it extra, extra cheesy.
Grilled cheese meets Panera Mac & Cheese in this irresistibly indulgent sandwich. The Mac & Cheese Grilled Cheese is our answer to the bakery-cafe’s double bread bowl. Enjoy our signature creamy Mac & Cheese sandwiched between more cheese and bread for outrageously craveable deliciousness.
Take it to the next level.
The possibilities really are endless. From this Peach and Prosciutto Grilled Cheese to this Grown-Up Grilled Cheese, to this leftover-friendly Thanksgiving Grilled Cheese, the only limit is your own creativity.
Keep it simple.
There’s a reason why grilled cheese is so popular—it’s easy to make and good just on its own or alongside your favorite soup (we’ve got a few favorites) or salad made with your favorite Panera dressing (like any of these).