Vegetable Chopped Salad with Ranch
Salads, American, Vegetarian, Calorie Conscious, Gluten Conscious, Sodium Conscious
A versatile, many veggie salad that features our creamy buttermilk Ranch dressing? Yes, please.
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a medium pot. Add broccoli and green beans and simmer for 1 minute. Drain and place into an ice-water bath to stop the cooking. Drain and refrigerate until ready to assemble salad.
- In a large bowl, combine blanched broccoli and green beans, cucumber, bell pepper, carrot, edamame, corn, beets, tomatoes, and mixed greens. Add ranch dressing and lightly toss until combined. Garnish with sunflower seeds.
Or, Try This
- To make carrot curls: peel carrot, using vegetable peeler or mandolin to make very thin strips. Add the strips to the same ice-water bath that the broccoli and green beans are in for a few minutes to make them curl.
- Packaged shelled edamame and roasted beets can be found in the produce department of the grocery store.
- Experiment with this versatile recipe – chop up any vegetables you like, leave out the greens, or add your favorite crunchy nuts and seeds.