Grilled Caesar Salad
Salads, Side Dish, American, Italian, Vegetarian, Calorie Conscious, Sodium Conscious
Grilled hearts of romaine, lemon and croutons along with chick peas, asiago cheese and our Caesar Dressing reinvent this classic salad into a new BBQ staple.
- Heat grill to high. Brush the cut side of each romaine heart and both sides of the bread slices with olive oil. Place romaine (cut side down), bread, and lemons (cut side down) on grill. Grill romaine, bread and lemons for 1-2 minutes or until they begin to char and there are dark brown grill marks.
- Juice one charred lemon (2 halves) into a bowl. Add the Caesar dressing and whisk until combined.
- Cut the grilled bread into ½-inch cubes.
- Arrange the grilled romaine on a plate. Top with grilled bread croutons, crispy chickpeas, tomatoes and asiago cheese. Drizzle with dressing and serve with grilled lemons.
Or, Try This
- Crispy chickpeas can be found in the section where croutons and other salad toppings are found or with healthier salty snacks. You can also make them yourself by tossing one 14 oz. can drained and rinsed chickpeas with 1 tbsp olive oil and ½ tsp salt. Place on a sheet pan in a 400°F oven and roast for 20-30 minutes, or until crispy.
- Make this recipe a delicious entrée salad by adding grilled chicken, steak or shrimp.