Kale & Orzo Salad
Salads, Crowd Pleasers, Mediterranean, Calorie Conscious, Sodium Conscious
Kale is such a versatile side, and this delicious combination of Mediterranean flavors could become a summer staple.
- Cook orzo in salted, boiling water just until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Tear kale directly into colander in sink and when orzo is done, pour over kale. Toss under cool running water, then shake out excess water. Transfer to large bowl.
- Add onions, olives and their juice, dressing and Feta, and toss to combine. Season to taste.
Or, Try This
- If you buy packaged, torn kale, use 4 cups packed.
- Leftovers? Mix 1 cup orzo salad with some shredded rotisserie chicken and 1 tablespoon heavy cream and pop in the microwave to heat through, about 1 minute. Garnish with toasted pine nuts.