Desserts, American, Vegetarian
A cup of coffee and some shortbread. . . Mmm. Your favorite coffee baked right into shortbread? Yes, please! These crispy, coffee-infused cookies are a yummy pick-me-up any time of day.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together butter, sugars, coffee grounds and salt, using a hand-held mixer until creamed and smooth, about 2 minutes. Slowly add flour and mix until just combined.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough out to 1/4" thick and cut into 2 x 2" squares. Place on baking sheets about 2" apart. Bake for 20 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking. Allow to cool on wire rack.
Or, Try This
- For a party-worthy treat, roll to 3/8” thick and use a fork or knife to press patterns into cookies. Bake 8-10 minutes longer.
- Use cookie cutters for round or seasonal shapes. Sprinkle with sanding sugar for sparkle.
- Also delicious with our Dark Roast Coffee or our other coffee varieties.