Chicken Tortilla Quesadilla
Crowd Pleasers, Main Dish, Mexican and Southwestern
These quesadillas are easy and packed with flavor. Equally great for a quick weeknight dinner or for hosting the gang.
- Preheat a deep sauté pan on medium-high heat.
- Add 2 tbsp. of oil, red pepper and red onion; sauté until the onions begin to caramelize.
- Lower to medium heat and add the Panera chicken tortilla soup; reduce the liquid by half.
- Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Preheat a large non-stick pan on medium heat and add ½ tbsp. of oil.
- Place the tortilla into the non-stick and begin to build the quesadilla.
- To build the tortilla, layer the ingredients: 1 cup of cheese, ¼ cup of rice, and ¾ cup of reduced chicken tortilla soup.
- Continue to cook the quesadilla open faced checking frequently to see if the tortilla begins to brown.
- Once golden brown, close the quesadilla and set aside.
- Repeat this process until all the ingredients are used up.
- Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges, and serve.
Or, Try This
- If you prefer a spicier experience, add your favorite hot sauce or cayenne pepper while cooking the quesadilla open-faced