Mediterranean Grilled Cauliflower
Side Dish, Mediterranean, Vegetarian, Calorie Conscious, Gluten Conscious, Sodium Conscious
These cauliflower “steaks” drizzled with our Mediterranean Lemon Vinaigrette and other middle-eastern ingredients pack plenty of flavor without weighing you down.
- Remove leaves and trim stem of cauliflower, leaving core intact. Place cauliflower core side down on a cutting board. Starting at the midline of the cauliflower, slice from top to bottom into four half-inch “steaks” keeping the bottom stem intact on each slice so they do not fall apart.
- Heat grill on medium-high. Brush both sides of each cauliflower steak with olive oil. Grill until tender and charred, 8-10 minutes per side.
- While cauliflower is cooking, combine lemon vinaigrette, capers, red pepper flakes and parsley in a small bowl.
- Arrange grilled cauliflower on a plate, drizzle with lemon vinaigrette mixture, tahini and garnish with pine nuts.
Or, Try This
- Any cauliflower florets that break off from the cauliflower steaks can be placed on the grill with the steaks or, if small enough to fall through the grates, you can place on a grill pan or a piece of foil on the grill.
- If you cannot find toasted pine nuts in the grocery store, you can make them yourself. Spread them out on a sheet pan and toast in 375°F oven for 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Keep a close eye on them, they can burn quickly!
- If you would like to make this recipe in the oven, place cauliflower steaks on a sheet pan and roast in a 400°F oven for 20-25 minutes or until dark golden brown and tender.
- This recipe is meant to serve 6, family style. If serving everyone 1 whole cauliflower “steak”, you will need to scale up recipe and use 2 heads of cauliflower.