Pear & Gouda Everything Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Sandwiches, American, Classic Comfort, Vegetarian
Everything seasoning adds a little something extra in this scrumptious grilled cheese, adding extra flavor and cheesiness.
- Preheat heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-low heat. Butter one side of both slices of bread and place in pan buttered side down. Spread mustard evenly on top of both slices. Top with the pear, followed by the onions and gouda, divided evenly between the two slices.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 4-7 minutes per side or until bread is browned and gouda is fully melted.
- Place cheese crisps on one side and top with the other half.
Or, Try This
- If you can, try to find some Everything seasoned cheese crisps to amp up that scrumptious flavor.
- If you have the time, make a batch of Balsamic Glazed Onions using Panera Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing and use 2 tbsp. per sandwich. Save the remaining onions for a delicious dinner accompaniment to grilled steak or chicken, or a flatbread pizza.
- Find your favorite brand of onion jam in the deli or cheese department of your local grocery store.
- Use Bartlett pears for a softer sweeter pear and d’Anjou pears for more crunch.