Open-Faced Greek Sandwich
Sandwiches, Mediterranean, Vegetarian, Calorie Conscious
Ingeniously light and delicious, this easy, Greek-inspired sandwich features our artisan Rustic Multi-Grain Bread and Mediterranean Lemon Vinaigrette.
- Toast Multi-Grain bread slices and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine Mediterranean Lemon Vinaigrette and chickpeas. Using a potato masher or fork, smash the chickpeas until they start to break down, mixing them into the dressing until the mixture becomes the consistency of a chunky hummus. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the cucumber, tomato, feta, olives, parsley and olive oil. Toss gently to combine.
- Evenly spread the chickpea mash on each slice of bread and top with the Greek salad mixture. Serve immediately.
Or, Try This
- The smashed chickpeas and Greek salad mixture can be made up to 1 day in advance and stored separately in the refrigerator. Right before serving, toast the bread and assemble.
- Also try this recipe with Panera Greek Dressing or Panera Balsamic Vinaigrette instead of the Panera Mediterranean Lemon Vinaigrette to create two other delicious varieties!