Monte Cristo Sandwich
Bored of regular grilled cheese sandwiches? Give this ham, turkey and cheese Monte Cristo a try, made special with our artisan Ciabatta Rolls.
- Beat eggs in a shallow dish that is large enough to fit each sandwich.
- Assemble sandwiches by spreading each cut side of the ciabatta with mustard, then layering ham, turkey and cheese evenly among the sandwiches. Once sandwiches are all assembled, press down on each to compress the sandwich.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. Add butter and allow to melt.
- Dip each sandwich into the beaten egg and flip to coat entire sandwich with egg. Place on griddle and cook sandwiches 4 to 5 minutes on each side, pressing each down with a spatula, until the bread is a golden brown and crisp and the cheese has melted.
Or, Try This
- Monte Cristo sandwiches are traditionally served with a dusting of powdered sugar after they are cooked which creates a delicious salty-sweet flavor contrast.
- Another tasty combination is to drizzle or dip the sandwich in honey or hot honey once they are cooked.
- These sandwiches are also great when made in a panini press.