Mushroom Sourdough Toast
Main Dish, Crowd Pleasers, American, Classic Comfort
Whether you’re looking for breakfast, lunch or dinner inspiration, this rich and earthy mushroom toast on our lightly tangy Sourdough Bread fits the bill.
- Heat a large sauté pan on medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add extra virgin olive oil and shiitake mushrooms and sauté for 6 minutes or until mushrooms begin to brown.
- Add the garlic, thyme and butter; continue to sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the sherry vinegar, chicken broth, and cheese; gently whisking until the sauce comes together. Turn off the heat.
- Toast the bread. Place on a plate and top with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with chives and salt and pepper to taste.
Or, Try This
- This recipe can use any mushroom you like. Give oyster mushrooms a try next time!
- No sherry vinegar at home? No worries! Try apple cider vinegar, white wine, red wine, or even a light beer.
- Great for your next gathering. For a 2-bite appetizer, try the mushrooms on ½” slices of Panera baguette.