Cinnamon Swirl Bagel French Toast
Main Dish, American, Classic Comfort
A morning staple gets a makeover with our Cinnamon Swirl Bagel, plus maple candied bacon to make you a breakfast hero.
- For the bacon: Preheat oven to 325°F and lay bacon on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until bacon is almost crispy. Take out of the oven and brush a thin layer of maple syrup over top of the bacon and place back in the oven for 2 more minutes.
- Take out, flip bacon onto other side and repeat the maple brushing process. Bake for 2 more minutes.
- Flip bacon one final time, brush with maple syrup and bake to your desired crispiness - about 3 minutes.
- For the French Toast: Whisk eggs, half and half, sugar and cinnamon until fully combined and pour into a shallow baking dish.
- Add bagels to baking dish cut-side-down and let sit for 15 minutes. Flip bagels and let sit another 15 minutes.
- Preheat skillet to medium low. Melt ½ tbsp. of butter in pan per batch. Cook French toast in batches of 2 half bagels for 2-3 minutes per side or until surface is golden brown and interior is creamy.
- Top with whipped cream, candied bacon, and maple syrup.
Or, Try This
- Place your cooked bacon directly on a plate or drain on wire rack. Bacon will stick to a paper towel lined plate!
- Make French toast base and soak bagels the night before for an even creamier end result.