Tomato Ricotta Wonton Bites
Side Dish, Crowd Pleasers, Asian, Italian, Vegetarian
Ricotta and parmesan cheese, tomatoes in a reduction of our Balsamic Vinaigrette and the crunch of wonton wrapper, all in one tasty bite, will have people gushing.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.Carefully push one wonton wrap into each muffin cup.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta and parmesan cheese.Place 1 tablespoon of ricotta mixture into the bottom of each won ton wrap.Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until wontons are golden brown on the edges and ricotta mixture is warmed through.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.Add the tomatoes and toss for 1 to 2 minutes until the tomatoes start to soften.Add balsamic vinaigrette and reduce heat to medium-low.Cook for 2 to 3 minutes to reduce the vinaigrette.
- Place one tomato on each cup, drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette from the pan and garnish with basil.Serve warm.
Or, Try This
- How to Chiffonade -- Chiffonade is a slicing technique to cut basil into long thin strips.This can be done by stacking basil leaves, rolling them tightly, then slicing the leaves perpendicular to the roll.
- Wonton wrappers can typically be found in the produce section of the grocery store, by the refrigerated vegetarian meat substitutes or refrigerated salad dressings.