Buttermilk Ranch Biscuits
Side Dish, Crowd Pleasers, American, Vegetarian
Comforting, warm biscuits - you’ll want to serve these, featuring our Creamy Buttermilk Ranch Dressing, honey and cheddar cheese, with every meal, or as a tasty snack. Hard to stop at just one!
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl or in a food processor. Whisk or pulse until combined.
- Add the cubed butter and cut into the dry ingredients with a pastry cutter, or by pulsing in the food processor, until coarse crumbs form and the butter is approximately the size of peas.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl and form a well in the middle of the flour mixture. Add the Ranch dressing, honey and cheddar cheese. Stir gently until combined -- do not overwork the dough.
- Turn mixture out onto a lightly floured work surface and gently form dough into a rectangle. Using a rolling pin, gently roll out the dough until it is 1 - 1½ inch thick. Cut the dough into 6 evenly sized biscuits (they don’t have to be perfect) and transfer to a paper-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with melted butter and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes before baking (this will lead to fluffier biscuits).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown on top. Remove from oven and serve warm.