Smoked Salmon Everything Toast
Sandwiches, American, Calorie Conscious, Sodium Conscious
A breakfast classic is reimagined with a slice of our hearty Everything Bread in place of a bagel to create this scrumptious open-faced sandwich.
- Toast the slice of Everything bread and let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine dill, capers, onion and lemon zest.
- To assemble the sandwich, spread cream cheese on toasted bread, top with smoked salmon, cucumber slices and radish, sprinkle dill-caper mixture over the cucumbers, and finish with a pinch of sea salt.
Or, Try This
- Make it your own by swapping in your favorite cream cheese flavor or add another piece of toast for a full sandwich.
- Lemon zest (the thin yellow outer layer of the peel) brings out the zingy brightness of lemon. One lemon yields about 2 tbsp. of lemon zest. To zest a lemon, a microplane or citrus zester is easiest. If you don’t have one, try the smallest side of a box grater. Avoid grating the white pith underneath, as it can be bitter. Refrigerate the lemon for juice in another meal.