Baked Feta Gnocchi with Shrimp
Main Dish, Mediterranean, Calorie Conscious
Mediterranean flavors abound in this delightful one pan meal that brings together our light, lemony vinaigrette and baked feta cheese to create a creamy sauce for gnocchi, shrimp and vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Add shrimp, tomatoes, artichokes and gnocchi to a large baking dish (approx. 2 qt. or 11” x 7”). Toss to combine and spread out evenly in the baking dish.
- Place the block of feta cheese in the middle of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning over all of the ingredients and drizzle with the lemon vinaigrette.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add spinach, and toss until spinach wilts and the melted feta creates a creamy sauce and coats all of the ingredients. Garnish with basil.
Or, Try This
- Use a block of feta for best results. The block is less processed and will give a creamier consistency when baked. Also, using Greek feta cheese, which is made from at least 70% sheep’s milk, will result in a creamier texture than feta-style cheese made from cow’s milk.
- How to Chiffonade -- Chiffonade is a slicing technique to cut basil into long thin strips. This can be done by stacking basil leaves, rolling them tightly, then slicing the leaves perpendicular to the roll.