Hazelnut Crème Coffee Granita
Desserts, Italian, Vegetarian, Calorie Conscious, Gluten Conscious, Sodium Conscious
Think of the Granita as a grown-up snow cone – made with a handful of ingredients, including our fan-favorite Hazelnut Crème coffee. Deliciously fun.
- Brew coffee in your coffee maker using ½ cup ground coffee and 24 oz. water.
- Combine hot coffee with sugar and vanilla; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Pour into a 9”x13” pan. Place in freezer for 1 hour, until mixture starts to become slushy around the edges. Scrape mixture with a fork to break up the ice crystals and place back into freezer. Repeat every 30 minutes until it is completely frozen and looks like shaved ice. Wrap well until ready to serve.
- For whipped cream, add heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar to a chilled mixing bowl. Whisk on high-speed with an electric mixer until medium peaks form.
- When ready to serve, divide granita into chilled bowls or glasses and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
Or, Try This
- For best results when making whipped cream, make sure bowl and whisk or beaters are very cold. Chill in freezer for 10-15 minutes before whipping cream.