Shrimp Caesar Salad in Parmesan Cups
Salads, Salads, Crowd Pleasers, American, Calorie Conscious, Sodium Conscious
A delicious twist on a salad classic, this Shrimp Caesar Salad recipe features delightful parmesan cheese cups. Not many recipes are elegant enough for company yet easy and fun enough for an everyday dinner. This one’s a keeper.
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Place rounded tablespoons of parmesan cheese on a parchment-lined baking sheet, about 1-2” apart, spreading out slightly keeping a circle shape. Bake for 6 minutes until bubbly and edges are golden brown. Allow to cool for 20 seconds before carefully transferring to an inverted mini-muffin pan. Quickly mold cheese over cups to form bowl shapes. Allow to cool before removing, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a plastic, zip-top bag, combine shrimp and 2 tbsp. Caesar Dressing, making sure shrimp is coated evenly. Allow to marinate for 15 minutes. Remove any excess dressing and sauté shrimp in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- In a bowl, toss shredded romaine, smashed croutons, and remaining 2 tbsp. dressing. To assemble, place 1 tbsp. of salad mixture into each parmesan cup and top with a shrimp. Serve immediately.
Or, Try This
- Parmesan cups can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container. Best to work with a few (4-5) at a time to keep cheese from hardening too quickly. If it does harden before being able to mold it, place back in oven for 30 seconds. Pre-shredded parmesan works better than freshly shredding yourself.
- Place croutons in a plastic, zip-top bag and smash into 1/4” pieces using a rolling pin.