Avocado, Corn & Bean Salad
Salads, Crowd Pleasers, American, Vegetarian, Calorie Conscious, Gluten Conscious, Sodium Conscious
This colorful salad packs so much taste and texture, with fresh avocado, corn, and two types of beans, tossed with Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- In large pan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add corn and cook for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In medium bowl, combine vinaigrette with beans, avocado, and green onions. Slice corn off the cob and add to bowl. Gently toss. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
Or, Try This
- For a delightful Southwest-inspired pairing, try alongside a bowl of our Chicken Tortilla Soup.
- If fresh corn is unavailable, frozen corn is a good substitute.
- For a special presentation, omit diced avocado and serve in avocado halves. Cut avocado in half and remove pit. Using a knife, cut grid pattern into each half (so it’s more easily eaten with salad). Spoon bean salad onto each half.
- For a hearty, better-for-you entrée, serve over a bed of chopped greens and top with sliced, cooked chicken breast.
- Microwave fresh corn in the husk. Trim ends, set in center of microwave and heat on high power for 2 minutes. Let rest a minute or two, then carefully peel. Husk and silk come right off.