Ancient Grain & Arugula Salad with Chicken
Salads, Main Dish, American, Calorie Conscious, Gluten Conscious, Sodium Conscious
Missing your favorite bakery-cafe autumn salad? Don’t despair. With our Fuji Apple dressing, you can satisfy that craving in a jiff.
- Heat grains according to package instructions. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine coleslaw mix, apples, and 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. dressing and toss to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Divide the arugula evenly between 2 bowls. Top each with half of the reserved apple slaw, cooled grains, and sliced chicken. Garnish with grapes and pumpkin seeds. Drizzle remaining 1 tbsp. of dressing over the finished salad.
Or, Try This
- This recipe is easy to double since precooked grains often come in 2-cup microwaveable pouches
- Try the slaw mixture in a turkey sandwich or re-create a popular You Pick Two with a cup of our Autumn Squash soup.