Fuji Apple Quinoa Grain Bowl
Main Dish, Main Dish, Salads, Side Dish, American, Vegetarian, Gluten Conscious, Sodium Conscious
Satisfying without weighing you down, this easy, make-at-home grain bowl impresses with many textures and flavors, including our signature Fuji Apple Vinaigrette.
- Toss sliced squash in olive oil and spread out in a single layer on a sheet pan. Roast in 400°F oven for 15 minutes, flip and roast an additional 10 minutes, set aside.
- While squash is roasting in the oven, cook the quinoa: Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh sieve until water runs clear, drain and transfer to small pot. Add 1 cup water and salt and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until water is absorbed, approximately 15 minutes. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- While quinoa is warm, add in dressing, baby kale, apples and dried cranberries. Gently toss until combined. Transfer to serving plates and garnish with the warm roasted squash and pepitas.
Or, Try This
- The skin on delicata squash is tender and does not have to be removed. Simply wash before cutting and roasting!
- You can also substitute precooked quinoa into this recipe. Precooked grains can be found by the rice in the grocery store.
- Acorn or Butternut squash also works great in this recipe instead of delicata. Remove skin and seeds from squash. Dice into ½-inch cubes and roast in 400°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown and tender, turning once.