Cauliflower Parmesan Farro Risotto
Main Dish, Side Dish, Italian, Vegetarian, Calorie Conscious, Gluten Conscious, Sodium Conscious
This classic Italian dish gets a deliciously modern refresh -- featuring our flavorful Cauliflower Parmesan Soup and hearty, aromatic farro.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss cauliflower with 1 tbsp. olive oil and salt. Spread out on a sheet pan in an even layer and roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp. of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add farro and toast for 1 to 2 minutes until grains become aromatic and begin to turn dark golden brown on the edges.
- Add vegetable stock, ½ cup at a time, until farro absorbs the stock; stir occasionally to make sure that it does not stick to the bottom of the skillet.
- Once the stock is all added into the recipe, continue the same method above with the cauliflower parmesan soup. The farro should take approximately 25 to 30 minutes to become creamy and tender.
- Once farro is cooked, portion the risotto and top with the roasted cauliflower. Garnish each portion with chives and parmesan cheese.
Or, Try This
- This recipe is also delicious with an assortment of roasted vegetables on top. We also tried it with and loved roasted Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, bell pepper, and red onion.
- This recipe will yield 4 main dish portions or 6-8 side dish portions.
- When farro is cooked, it will still have a slightly al dente bite to it.
- Starting with a 1-1/2 lb. head of cauliflower will yield approximately 1 lb. of trimmed cauliflower.