Salted Coffee Caramels
Crowd Pleasers, American, Classic Comfort
Not our usual 20-minute recipe, but so worth the time! These gourmet caramels have just the right amount of sweetness to complement the deep, bold flavor of our Salted Caramel Coffee. Finish with a light sprinkle of sea salt to make these buttery bites a delightful gift.
- Lightly grease bottom and sides of 9” x 9” baking dish. Line with parchment paper and lightly grease paper. Set aside.
- In medium, heavy-bottom sauce pan, combine heavy cream, coffee grounds, both sugars, butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring until sugars have dissolved and butter has melted. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thick and reaches 235°F on a candy thermometer, about 30 minutes. Add vanilla extract and salt, stir to combine. Pour caramel mixture into prepared pan and let cool, uncovered, at room temperature for about 4 hours.
- Once cooled completely, cut into 1" x 1" squares and wrap each piece in a square of waxed paper.
Or, Try This
- Sprinkle tops with sea salt flakes for a special presentation.
- Best stored at room temperature for up to one month.
- Use 8” x 8” pan for thicker caramels. For a different shape, try 1” x 3” caramels.