Balsamic Steak Crostini
Side Dish, Crowd Pleasers, American
Our Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing is not only great for salads, but helps elevate these steak crostini to a show-stopping appetizer.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Season steak with salt and pepper. Sear on each side for 2 minutes. Place in oven and roast for 6 to 8 minutes for medium rare. Remove from oven and rest on plate for 5 minutes before slicing thin.
- Spread sliced bread out on a sheet pan, drizzle each side with 1 tbsp. olive oil and season with a small pinch of salt and pepper. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
- In pan that beef was cooked in, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Add sliced onion.Sauté for 10 to 12 minutes until onion becomes soft and brown on edges. Add balsamic vinaigrette dressing and brown sugar and sauté for additional 5 minutes.
- To assemble: Top each slice of bread with parmesan cheese, steak, balsamic onion and chives.
Or, Try This
- Pick up a freshly baked French Baguette or Artisan Ciabatta at your local Panera bakery-cafe.
- The steak is great when warm or chilled.For medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°F; medium 160°F; well done 170°F. When slicing the steak, be sure to slice against the grain.