Balsamic Steak Crostini
Side Dish, Crowd Pleasers, American
Our Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing is not only great for salads, but helps elevate these steak crostini to a show-stopping appetizer.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.Season steak with salt and pepper.Sear on each side for 2 minutes.Place in oven and roast for 6 to 8 minutes for medium rare.Remove from oven and rest on plate for 5 minutes before slicing thin.
- Spread sliced bread out on a sheet pan, drizzle each side with 1 tbsp. olive oil and season with a small pinch of salt and pepper.Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
- In pan that beef was cooked in, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat.Add sliced onion.Sauté for 10 to 12 minutes until onion becomes soft and brown on edges.Add balsamic vinaigrette dressing and brown sugar and sauté for additional 5 minutes.
- To assemble: Top each slice of bread with parmesan cheese, steak, balsamic onion and chives.
Or, Try This
- Pick up a freshly baked French Baguette or Artisan Ciabatta at your local Panera bakery-cafe.
- The steak is great when warm or chilled.For medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°F; medium 160°F; well done 170°F.When slicing the steak, be sure to slice against the grain.