Apple-Cranberry Stuffing Cups
Side Dish, Crowd Pleasers, American, Classic Comfort
These muffin-tin stuffing cups are easy to serve and fun to eat, special enough for holidays yet quick enough for a weeknight side.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange cubed bread on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 15 minutes, or until dried and toasted.
- In the meantime, melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion and celery until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Place in large mixing bowl and add toasted bread. Add 1 cup chicken stock, egg, chopped herbs, apple, cranberries and pecans. Toss thoroughly to combine. If more broth is needed, add 1 tbsp. at a time until mixture is completely moistened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray. Place about 1/2 cup of mixture into each cup, pressing lightly. Bake for 15 minutes, or until top has browned. Cool on rack 5 minutes before carefully removing from pan.
Or, Try This
- Dried herbs can be used if fresh aren’t available. Dried rosemary = ½ tsp; Dried thyme = ¾ tsp; Ground sage = ¼ tsp
- Also delicious with Panera Country White or Whole Grain 100% Whole Wheat sliced bread.
- The stuffing can also be baked in a 9”x9” baking dish for 20 minutes covered and then 20 minutes uncovered until the top has browned.