Strawberry Arugula Salad
Salads, Vegetarian, Calorie Conscious, Gluten Conscious, Sodium Conscious
From earthy arugula, sharp radishes, tangy gorgonzola and creamy avocado to sweet strawberries and nectarines, this salad takes you on a rollercoaster of exciting flavors.
- In a medium bowl, combine baby arugula, basil, radish, onion, gorgonzola cheese, candied walnuts and balsamic dressing; toss lightly to combine.
- Divide on to 4 serving bowls or plates and garnish each with the strawberries, nectarine and avocado.
Or, Try This
- How to Chiffonade -- Chiffonade is a slicing technique to cut basil into long thin strips. This can be done by stacking basil leaves, rolling them tightly, then slicing the leaves perpendicular to the roll.
- This salad is also delicious with fresh peaches or plums instead of nectarines.
- If you do not like Gorgonzola cheese, this salad is also great with crumbled feta, crumbled goat cheese or shaved asiago cheese.