Roasted Beet and Farro Salad
Salads, Salads, American, Vegetarian
Craving salad this winter? Roasted beets and farro cooked in our Fuji Apple Vinaigrette make for a flavorful, hearty salad perfect for chilly days.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place beets on sheet pan in a single layer. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes until tender.
- While the beets roast, place 1 cup of water and 1 cup Fuji Apple Vinaigrette into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, add farro, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes until farro is al dente. Remove from heat and drain off any excess liquid. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature.
- To assemble the salad: Place arugula on each serving plate, top with roasted beets, farro, goat cheese, pistachios, orange segments and mint. Drizzle with remaining Fuji Apple Vinaigrette if desired.
Or, Try This
- If using a type of farro other than the pearled, follow cooking instructions on the package.
- To decrease the cook time of this recipe, roasted beets can often be found in the produce department of the grocery store