French Toast & Turkey Sausage Roll-Ups
Main Dish, Crowd Pleasers, American, Calorie Conscious, Sodium Conscious
We’ve taken a traditional brunch dish and reinvented it for the busy home cook. Savory turkey sausage wrapped in French toast and dipped in sweet maple syrup will brighten anyone’s morning and start the day off right.
- Cook sausages according to package instructions. Trim crust from bread and flatten out with hands or rolling pin. Roll each sausage up in a slice of bread and trim excess bread to fit sausage.
- In shallow bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla together.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add butter. Dunk each roll into egg mixture, coating completely, letting excess drip off, and place in pan. Cook until browned on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Serve with maple syrup.
Or, Try This
- Pour yourself a cup of our coffee as the perfect accompaniment to your meal.
- These roll-ups also work great with our Whole Grain 100% Whole Wheat sliced bread.