Chili-Stuffed Red Peppers
Main Dish, American, Classic Comfort, Gluten Conscious
We love this modern twist on an old favorite. A crispy red pepper is stuffed with our Turkey Chili with Beans, brown rice and other savory ingredients to create the ultimate comfort food, perfect for a family meal.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread 8 oz. tomato sauce on bottom of 9”x13” inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In large skillet, cook turkey over medium-high heat until fully cooked and no pink remains, breaking up meat as it cooks.
- Add chili, rice, and remaining tomato sauce. Mix well to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon chili and rice mixture into bell pepper halves and place in baking dish. Top with cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until peppers have softened slightly. Turn oven to broil, remove foil, and cook for 3-5 minutes to brown the cheese.
Or, Try This
- Add a green salad for wholesome meal.