Chicken, Mushroom & Kale Casserole
Main Dish, Side Dish, Crowd Pleasers, American, Classic Comfort, Calorie Conscious, Sodium Conscious
This Chicken, Mushroom & Kale Casserole is sure to please, however you serve it: as a complementary side dish, paired with a salad for quick weeknight meal or with more chicken for a company-worthy main dish.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large sauté pan, heat 3 tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and thyme. Cook for 1 minute. Add kale and cook until just starting to wilt, about 2 minutes. Add rice and soup, heating for 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place in an 8" x 8" inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, cheese, and remaining 1 tbsp. oil. Stir until thoroughly combined and top with mushroom & kale mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
Or, Try This
- 8.8 oz microwavable pouches of pre-cooked rice are convenient and easy to find.
- This is an easy dish to multiply for a gathering. Add more diced chicken and make it the centerpiece of your meal.