Asian Seared Tuna Stack
Main Dish, Asian, Calorie Conscious
This Asian-inspired tuna stack with farro and crunchy vegetables features our Ginger Vinaigrette and its sweet and umami twist for a stunning flavor combination – all in 25 minutes.
- Place ¾ cup of water and ¾ cup Ginger Vinaigrette into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, add farro, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes until farro is al dente. Remove from heat and drain off any excess liquid.
- In a bowl, combine cucumber, carrot and remaining ¼ cup Ginger Vinaigrette. Toss to combine, set aside to marinate while cooking tuna.
- Season tuna with salt and pepper. Heat non-stick sauté pan over high heat. Add 1 tsp. oil and sear tuna steaks 1½ - 2 minutes per side for rare. Remove from pan and slice tuna into ¼-inch slices.
- Divide cooked farro among four plates. Top evenly with avocado, cucumber and carrot mixture, sliced tuna and garnish with sesame seeds and scallions.
Or, Try This
- This dish is great as a light meal. The portion size can be reduced or you can serve without the farro for a delicious appetizer.